April 30, 2009

Taggedelic!

I’ve been tagged by Belt Mathai. Don’t you know Belt Mathai, the rowdy who was banished to Hamburg by the locals in Trivandrum for brandishing a Malappuram kathi and coercing poor souls to gobble down the experimental food he concocts. The fed up authorities sent him to Hamburg in hopes that he’ll re-invent his culinary skills and boy! look what happened. Not only he metamorphosed into a master chef but he also started a cooking blog, which seems to be a hit with the gourmets and gormandizers alike; plus he started another blog where he concocts rib tickling posts and this seems to be a hit with the humour loving mortals of blogosphere as well. 

The tag says I’ve to write 10 honest things about myself and then pass it on to 7 other bloggers. Actually I don’t mind talking about myself (there isn’t much anyway), but I don’t want to bore anyone with it (which I’m sure you will be). So I, for one, would not even contemplate blaming if you’ve thoughts of skipping this one.  

Here goes the tag: 

(1) In a class, the first benchers and last benchers are the popular lot, the former for their academic studiousness and the latter for their pranks and mischievousness. I belonged to the breed of those pedestrian mid benchers whom no one would even barely notice (for most of my school and college life). We were like almost non-existent in class. I still remember the first time I tried to talk to Jes, my neighbor plus my classmate in college - about 2 months after we entered college, one fine evening, en route to home, I caught up with her and tried to spark up a conversation.

Me: Hi Jes, I heard there’ll be strike in college tomorrow. 
Jes (with a quizzical look): Are you in my college?
Me (completely taken aback; ego shattered; self esteem humbled): I’m in your class! 
Jes: Oh I see. Don’t remember seeing you in class. 
Me: I think it’s high time you start wearing specs. 
Jes: Where do you sit in class?
Me: Somewhere in the middle.
Jes: Aah. That’s why. 

(2) I was a fan of Hardy Boys, Nancy Drew and Goosebumps when in school. In fact, those were the widely available books in our library then. I guess there’s hardly any Loyolite in my generation who hasn’t read Hardy Boys. 

(3) I hardly had any friends until 6th grade or so. Then came Abe and Rohit. Abe who was a lil stout and I who was skinny, were known as Laurel and Hardy in class. 

(4) I like lolcats. (Don’t think that just because I like lolcats I’m a sweet lil childish boy; my knuckles are fucking hard you know; better keep that in mind.)

(5) My handwriting is really small. And I never drew margins in my notebooks. 

(6) I occasionally make lemon tea, keep it in fridge and drink it at midnight; a habit that developed recently.

(7) I like jokes with sexual innuendos but not downright dirty ones.  

(8) I like Stanley Kubrick, Padmarajan and Siddique-Lal movies. And my favorite actor is Sreenivasan. 

(9) Jes says I’m mentally backward; I said she’s dentally forward. KP says I’m nuts; I said he’s balls. Chottu says I’m pig; I said he’s chicken (a.k.a. kozhi or poovalan in Malayalam).

(10) I don’t have any spectacular hobbies, just some usual reading and movies stuff. So when I used to attend job interviews during placements in college, I used to bluff that I had a crystal collection. I would study all about crystals - different types, properties, color, texture, uses et al. Then in interviews I’d mention my hobby and the interviewers invariably asked about it and at this point I’d route the interview in my direction. This technique always proved successful with zero failure. (I’m least interested in crystals but even if they asked to show the collection, I wouldn’t falter, coz I know a person who really has a crystal collection – my dad) 

Ok that's it. Now you can wake up from your half sleep state. :|

I tag Praveen, Philip, Hari, Sakeeb, Jane, Thoorika & Devil incarnate. Hey I don’t want the tag to be a burden to anyone and it’s completely your discretion to do it. No hard feelings if you want to skip the tag.  :) 

9 comments:

mathew said...

I never thought this tag could be written funny...but this was quite rib ticking for me..;-D

anaalum nee enne belt mathai aakiyallo..hehe...thanks for the generous words..I think I ll make my famous Fish with apple curry for you as a token of gratitude...*yes...you dont have to google it, thats one of a kind and no i wont give out the recipe!!*

i cant agree more on your fav directors kubrick and Padmarajan are easily my all time favs too..

Crystal collection..hmm...kettittu ondu...must be the salt!!

thanks for doin the tag bud..

silverine said...

I used to like Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew too and have read every single one of them. And I hate NV jokes, in fact it is in my list for the tag! I had and have too many friends and some times I feel so crowded that I need to get away from them...but only for a while! :p

Hari said...

Hardy boys!! High Five, bro!! \m/ Remember those ol' scholastic book sales? I used to buy at least 2 Goosebumps from those people. Have a huge collection of them. For a long time it was my dream to read ALL Hardy Boys available in town! :P

Didn't know Rohit chettan & Abe chettan were known as Laurel and Hardy! :P Lol, I'm reminded of that old cap-swallowing incident!!

LOL about the middle bencher thingy too! ;) Precisely why I moved over to the backbench, now! ;)

Hey, I too have an obnoxiously-small hand! Seems we've a lot in common!

And of course, ROTFL as always!! :P Thanks a bunch for tagging me! Love ya! >:D<

skar said...

LOL@1

Hari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane said...

Small handwriting?? Same pinch :D My teachers at school used to threaten me that they'll fail me in the models if I didn't write in bigger handwriting.
And hey, thanks for the tag.. Am in an excited state even though clueless as what to write. ;)

Thoorika said...

Hardy boys and goosebumps?! Same pinch !! I finished all the hardy boys books which was available at my school library .. 10 more things .. I hav already written 25things about me.. all honest and true .. :P but Thanks for tagging.. :)

thomas said...

@mathew: The moment I read 'Fish with apple curry' I googled for it. And I saw the recipe for it, and no thanks I would prefer saada fish curry. :P Pinne collectionil uppum pedum, NaCl crystals alle if unit cell is analyzed, 'member chemistry :P

@silverine: Aah, yet another Hardy boys fan. And you do the tag fast. Didn't tag you coz pareltank already did. :)

@hari: Yeah, the scholastic book sales, that was where the Goosebumps came from. And HB & ND from our library. Hey, Abe and I were known as Laurel & Hardy; Rohit was called mundan. :D And no mention for tagging; was my pleasure :)

@karthik: hehe :)

@jane: Same pinch! :D No prob, take your time and write. :) Was my pleasure tagging you.

thoorika: My arm is getting sore by all the pinches :D Yeah, I saw that 25 things tag. So I'll pardon you for skipping this one. ;)

silverine said...

Inquilab zindabad! We want new post!!

ES